Sunday, January 22, 2017

Movie #48: Lawrence of Arabia. Or really... ....


Title: Lawrence of Arabia
Starring: Peter O'Toole, Alec Guiness
Directed by: David Lean
Number on the AFI List: 7
Year: 1962

Ok. So. I started this movie and gave it the good 'ol college try.  I really did. But for some reason, in the 50s/60s, people were obsessed with making movies much longer than they should be to showcase their cinematic talents. In Lawrence of Arabia, this talent was to show sweeping shots of men riding through the desert on camels. While these shots were beautiful, I ended up dozing off just like Lawrence does mid-ride between one town to the next. And then I lost track of where I was in the movie. And then I realized that it was just a struggle for me to get into so I turned it off.

Sorry. It must be good considering it won so many awards and is number 7 on the AFI list. 

I may be cheating here with this sorry excuse for a review, but I really just want to move on and don't want to sit through another 2 hours of this long, overly drawn out film. 

I might return to this when this project is over. But considering its been since October since my last review...I'm afraid I'm losing steam and just want to keep moving forward.

Sorry, Peter O'Toole.

Love,
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment